Ascend Academic is a cloud-based application, so it is accessible from anywhere you have internet access, and it stores your practice data remotely. You can use Ascend Academic on a computer with Windows or macOS. Ascend Academic is even optimized for the Apple iPad. In order to ensure that Ascend Academic performs most effectively, the device that you use to access Ascend Academic should meet or exceed the following recommended system requirements:
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Latest version of Google Chrome for the iPad
- Latest version of Safari for the iPad
- Microsoft Windows 10 or 11
- Apple Mac OS X 10.9 or newer
- iOS 11 or newer
- 1920 x 1200 for PC or Mac
- 1024 x 768 for iPad
Internet Bandwidth (*assuming that 10 users are being used concurrently on the same network)
- 50 Mbps download
- 10 Mbps upload
- TWAIN drivers built on version 1.9 or newer of the TWAIN standard.
All modes (such as native and buffered) are supported.
Single-image transfers and multiple-image transfers are supported.
Automatic document feeders (ADF) are not supported.
The TWAIN Direct standard (different from TWAIN) is not supported.
- Google Chrome version 39 or higher for PC and Mac
- Apple Safari version 8 or higher for iPad
Note: iPad can be used for non-diagnostic purposes only.
- Operating system patched to latest version and security updates
- Anti-virus software patched to latest version and virus definitions
- 15-inch (measured diagonally) monitor for PC and Mac
- 1024 x 768 resolution for PC, Mac, and iPad